Bill of Rights Dinner with Rachel Maddow

Last night was the ACLU of Utah's annual fundraiser dinner with Bill from X96 Radio From Hell acting as the emcee and Rachel Maddow as keynote speaker. So exciting! We finally got Rachel to visit Utah AND she brought her partner Susan for the weekend.

(A short disclaimer: No, I did not know the ACLU was suing my company until after I had bought my ticket to the dinner. I am supposed to refer all queries to our Director of Communications so don't ask me, I'm tired of talking about it.)



I was at the Drinking Liberally SLC table, a fabulous bunch of people I met during the 2008 election. This picture is a horrible picture of the view of Rachel speaking from our table (usually my Berry takes really good pics but I think the dark of the room threw it for a loop.) A couple of us went booking it up to Rachel's table right after the dinner ended, but she had already bailed! Bah. Sneaky. Her talk was recorded, hopefully it will end up on Youtube or something so I can post it because it was very entertaining and enjoyable.
0 Responses