Happenings of Late

So many things have happened in the past few months that I haven't had time to write about them (or pretty much anything for that matter, see all previous posts with only pictures and minimal or no words.)  I have been working a lot and haven't had a lot of time to spend writing anything more than 140 characters that doesn't involve work.  Thus, I bring you an update, in bullet form.


  • In January I was promoted to a different department at work.  What I do is....hell, it's impossible to explain what I do.  Sometimes even I don't know what my job description is.  I do lots of stuff and manage stuff and query stuff and know processes and research processes and change processes and and and....
  • I am now an official graduate student at the University of Utah!  I start my Masters program in biotechnology this August!  Yay for being poor(er) for 3 years!  Wooooooo....
  • My littlest sister graduated from high school (MVHS, MVHS the best) and my second littlest sister graduated from BYU with a degree in music.  There are only so many graduations a person can handle in a 3 week period, and it's less than two.
  • I get to meet Anthony Bourdain on Saturday.  Just throwing that out there.
  • LOST ended.  And with it, part of my life.  *sob*
  • I stopped playing WoW.  I KNOW!  Well, I only have time to work, tweet, walk the dog and sleep, and with grad school coming up that addiction and expenditure had to be bailed pretty fast.

But by far the best update bullet is......

  • I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!!

Jamie and Tim are due Nov 29!  Or, as Tim put it when he announced it to the world on Facebook: 

Timothy Fritz Watch out world, I have an offspring coming your way. What does this mean? Tim's army has grown by one! I'm going to be a Daddy.

Of course our mother is THRILLED TO DEATH about finally getting an honest-to-god, not-a-canine grandchild.  Jamie and Tim are refusing to find out if it's a boy or girl (which just means they get loads of green and yellow stuff from me), and Tim is already planning on getting a sidecar for his motorcycle.  (Jamie said no to the sidecar.)


That's it for now.  Cheers!


3 Responses
  1. Teresa Says:

    Yeah to being an Aunt! We didn't find out what we were having with our first and it was pretty fun! And, in case we ever do have a boy we have some green and yellow stuff he can wear as a newborn! And, Congrats with Grad school! It is soooo not fun! But, I am sure it will be worth it in the end!!! Welcome to the world of the poor! :)


  2. Meredith Says:

    Wow congratulations on so many things! The promotion is awesome, as is graduate school. I have to say I really enjoy being an aunt. All of the fun none of the responsibility :) Turns out my boss you met is kind of a big boss he totally knows me now thanks to you :)


  3. Heather Says:

    Congratulations! Being an auntie is definitely fun. Tell Jamie to have the baby a few days early, like, November 25. That is truly the best day in November. (Except it is Thanksgiving this year so maybe she doesn't want to have it that day...)

    And congrats on grad school. Will you be working too, or just going to school?